Our mission is simple:
Metro Relief is a not-for-profit organization with a simple goal: Go to the people, meet the people, and serve the people. At the core of our mission is Christ’s charge: “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’”
On any given day…
- 650,000 people are currently homeless in the US.
- 66,000 homeless veterans.
- 46.7 million people live in poverty in the US.
- At least 1 in 4 homeless individuals are mentally ill.
- 44.8 million Americans are food insecure.
- 1 out of 7 people living in the US relies on food pantries.
- 2/3 of the homeless population have an addiction to drugs or alcohol.
May 2017Food Pantry (Monday & Wednesday) – 5/1/17 at 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Food Pantry (Monday & Wednesday) – 5/3/17 at 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Metro Bus Outreach (Dallas) – 5/4/17 at 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Food Pantry (Thursday) – 5/4/17 at 4:30 pm-6:30 pm
Metro Bus Outreach (Ft. Worth) – 5/5/17 at 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Metro Bus Outreach (Dallas) – 5/6/17 at 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Serenity-Metro Outreach – 5/6/17 at 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Food Pantry (Monday & Wednesday) – 5/8/17 at 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Food Pantry (Monday & Wednesday) – 5/10/17 at 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Metro Bus Outreach (Dallas) – 5/11/17 at 8:30 am-3:00 pm